Sunday, May 6, 2012

Witch from Nepal (1985)

My experience says: better don't popular Asian film prior to 2000. This includes Hong Kong cinema I should have listened to my intuition, but I saw that there was some footage from Nepal, so I watched the movie anyway.
The film's original title is Qi yuan. It's about a couple from HK that is on a safari in Nepal. The man meets a mysterious woman who wants him to become the master of her tribe. She follows him to Hong Kong and he gets her powers., That is good, as a warrior tries to eliminate that man.
The story is told in a confusing manner, the comedy is silly, the special effects are preposterous. The acting is OK, that is the actors make the best of this nonsense.
The witch from Nepal doesn't talk very much, but when she talks, she speaks Hindi.
I give it a 2/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment