Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dhada (2011)

I started these notes to have some future reference for myself, but there is already a certain backlog ...
So I gave a movie in Telugu a try. Before I had limited myself to the output of Bollywood -- which alone is so big that it's impossible to keep track, even when you watch films 24 hours every day. However, I think that regional variations will enrich me also in a way.
Dhada has a confused manuscript (however the plot summary in Wikipedia is even more confused. It's a  tale about two brothers, one is good, the other one working for the Mafia. The good brother has no idea of that business associate and he spoils the that business by freeing victims of human trafficking. He wants that good brother killed, which of course is not going to happen. And of course there is some romance involved.
Naga Chaitanya is the good brother
The film is edited in a very rough manner with some raw clipping. On the other hand, the fight scenes and the songs are carefully choreographed. The songs slow down the pace of the action, so at times you ask yourself, whether this is an operetta or an action movie.
The film is however entertaining, I watched it while I was not feeling too well, so the hours just passed fast. I'll give it a 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment