Monday, May 7, 2012

Traffic (2011)

It seems that I presently watch a lot of Asians movies. I never saw a movie in Malayalam before, but as I am very curious I gave this flick a chance.
It's not straightforward to find more information about this movie. In Wikipedia you have to enter Traffic (2011 film) and on IMDb I had to go through the name of the director, Rajesh Pillai, until I got more information about Traffic.
Obviously also in India these films have only a regional appeal, as they plan to make a remake in Hindi and in Tamil.
So, what did I see? A highly complex film, centering around an actual traffic accident. A boy, Raihan, is heavily injured in an traffic accident and only kept alive by a ventilatorand after some hesitation his parents consent to give his heart to the daughter of a superstar. The heart can only be transported through rush traffic. Sudevan, who had been away from service because he took bribes, volunteers to transport the heart. Rajeev who was on the bike with Raihan will accompany him.
The movie also gives us the complete history of all the person's involved - the cop who is transporting the heart; the boy who was going to work at a radio station. We also get the full history of Dr.Abel who is trying to sabotage the mission.
At first this is like separate stones of a mosaic, but at last we get the full picture.
I have never seen a picture in Malayalam before, so I took the chance to get an impression of this cinema. I'm happy that I've watched it. Exciting, engaging, bravo!
My opinion: 9/10.
Sreenivasan and Asif Ali in the fantastic Malayalam movie Traffic

No comments:

Post a Comment