Monday, August 31, 2015

Hugo (2011, Martin Scorsese)

For once I agree with the mainstream: this is an amazing film. Right from the first second we are sucked into this magical universe. The story of little Hugo has a Dickens-in quality about it, about fulfilling one's dreams in spite all odds. Scorsese is one of the few directors who uses 3D not as gimmick, but to enhance the experience of the movie. (I still have to see "Goodbye to Language")
If I were less curious, I would have dismissed this as family movie, thus irrelevant to me, but this is one that can also be enjoyed by solitary viewers. And most of all this is a declaration of love to cinema, its magic that transcends reality and when it's well-done still can make us laugh and cry.
10/10
Hugo as Citizen Four


No comments:

Post a Comment