Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Blues Brothers (1980)

Department: Did I ever watch this?
I think I might have watched this film, which in certain circles certainly is considered to be a classic. However, I am not hooked so much on this music, so it has evaded my memory completely. Sometimes the ability to forget is merciful.
So the Blues Brothers need to collect some money to save the convent where they were supposed to have received some education. And they have to earn it honestly. They try to re-unite the old band, they once had. While doing this, they make a lot of enemies. This triggers a lot of car chases, which are clever choreographed, but become tiresome in the long run. It's not so interesting, let alone funny seeing them again and again racing through a shopping mall.
Of course the manuscript is a rhapsodic stringing together of small episodes and the rather thin plot is stretched out with musical numbers, which may be good for those who like this sort of music.
For lovers of musical comedy this will be cult, for me it's 4/10.
Men in Black playing the Blues




No comments:

Post a Comment