Saturday, October 24, 2015

天空の城ラピュタ (1986, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Hayao Miyazaki)

Another film by the grand old man of Japanese anime. However, I see that my inner Japanese is not really fully developed. Although I am basically curious, I am now a bit tired of this genre.
Another nice film about saving the world, restoring a once golden age, Paradise Lost, Refound and Lost Again.
I don't want to make fun of it, but I just had too much Miyazaki - or maybe the program committee of Film4 made a poor selection and chose too many films with similar plots. What again was the difference between this and Nausica?
8/10 -- and now I need a break from Miyazaki
Sheeta and Pazu, the orphaned heroes of this film

The grandmother of the pirates - who will trust this woman?


Laputa - uprooted and floatingaway


No comments:

Post a Comment