Sunday, July 15, 2012

Nepal (day 4-7)

Not every day is filled with activity; sometimes relaxing is the most important part of the day, or maybe some gathering
On Monday Chabbi had his wedding anniversary. We spent the day at his house, talking. relaxing and eating.Eating all the time. This time my stomach protested a bit against the local food. Also before I needed some time to get used to the hotness (of the food, the hotness weatherwise is never a problem). - Therefore i had to be very careful and not to provoke my bowel system morer than necessary. Anyway, thinking of yesterday's ayurveda alert with regard to my BMI, I have to relaise that I don't get a chance to become only 85% full; the ratio is rather 115%. When I look at the photos I like to label them: before the diet began.
Before the Big Loser circumference reduction event

The womena had arranged an outdoor, well at least on balcony dancing arrangement, but that was stopped decisevely by a big thunderstorm. We went home in a deluvial rain. - But when it is warm, it doesn't matter so much - then the rain is like taking a shower.

This is the time of marriages, as it seems. Tanka's sister has a friend who was going to have a marriage party for their friends in Kathmandu. I was alo welcome. It is strange that in these circumstances I am the exotic part. However, this again makes me like living here, because I come to places and events where nobody lese with my background comes.
On Wednesday at last I met my Facebook friend Diwash. Last year we couldn't meet, but this time we managed at last. It's always a bit strange to meet somebody whom you else have known from the virtual world only. But it was a pleasant encounter. There should be a chance to meet more often in the remaining time. Diwash also made contact to my Nepali teacher - busy Mausam. I am going to meet him in person later. The pictures with Diwash are on my Facebook account.

This is the time of the monssom. Sometimes it is raining, sometimes it is not. This condition also blocks activities, as I don't feel very much inclined to walk through muddy streets in rain.

From  Friday we will be out of Kathmandu -- to Manakamana and Pokhara.

No comments:

Post a Comment