Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nepal (day 3) - Sanga and Panauti

Today is already July 12 and today I write about what we did more than a week ago. That was on - let me check the calendar, yup on July 1. It seems that relaxing occupies me totally, but now I want to maintain these recollections - also to avoid that I forgot what I experienced.
So on a beautiful sunny Sunday we started  the trip. First stop was Sanga, the place with the highest statue of Shiva in the world.


The first part of the trip is heading for Bhaktapur. From Chabalhil the road passes by Pashupati, along the airport and then to the direction of Bhakatapur. I think I remembered some of the strange "narrow" houses on that road. From Bhaktapur the road becomes somewhat steep, we enter the mountain area. I love mountains, I don't need to climb them, but I adore the majestic site. High above we see look down and see the traffic in matchbox size. That is always a nice view.



The statue of Shiva is placed so that Shiva greets already from a long distance. Kailashnath Mahadev is situated near the village Sanga. Attached to the monument is an ayurvedic center. They offer massage, different treatments and medidation. They also promise a weight loss of 4-6 kg per week. How many weeks would I have to stay there until my BMI was in the green area?? - As they say: once is not enough.
From Sanga we continued to Panauti; the street was OK and right and left appeared small villages, cottages of farmers and only very few Roadside Restaurants.
Panauti is a small city in the Panauti district. We had a look at the temples near the river, witnesses of a great past. I really like the wood-carving architecture. It combines big design with the love for details. Need to read more about all those things.


On the way back we ate overpriced momo at a restaurant close to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment