Saturday, December 26, 2015

In Bruges (2008, Martin McDonagh)

So, I am not forgetting my Blog; only forgetting which films I have seen and forgetting t write about them some minor notes. - So, as long as I write some trivial thoughts about nothing, nothing is going to happen. But if I wrote something controversial, some data spider or crawler might pick it up and publish it. Spiders don't leave comments, but they count nevertheless as page views.
So In Bruges -- place of Die tote Stadt, Bruges la morte. That's the place where to send two hired killers, so that they can escape the police. Who would go to Bruges without outer pressure?
Bruges is a strange place indeed with a dwarf as star in a dreamlike movie production, local drug dealers who occasionally rob tourists and a Russian arms supplier. And of course the moral code of hired killers never to harm a child.
All is mixed up into a blend of comedy and noir crime drana. The film lives also by convincing performances by Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson.
This is for those who also like literature; the dialogue is brilliant and the plot has several twists and turns that give additional spice.
Started this entry several weeks ago and left it as draft -- so much to do, so much still to watch. At leasr I will remember now that I watched this some time ago.
8/10





No comments:

Post a Comment